All questions have been answered by Philip Molodkovets: supertest manager from Saint Petersburg, Russia.
We start off with a hot topic question right off the bat, asked by HMS_H00D, and you can already guess what it is…
- Q: When is the first line of British ships coming to the game?
A: We are planning to launch it this year. More information will be shared at gamescom 2016 in Cologne, Germany.
TheLordFlash is following up with an even more pressing question, but will the devs be able to talk about it just yet?
- Q: What nations/ships can we expect in the coming year in World of Warships?
A: This is subject to separate announcements – keep your eyes on the Portal and our Forums!
- Q: How do you decide which ship is a viable tech-tree ship, which isn’t, and which can become a Premium Ship?
A: We try to compose the tech trees in logical way, in order to create a historical and balanced in-game progression system. As for Premiums, we love the idea of famous ships with some history or some unusual ships with special gameplay traits. In general, however, there are no strict rules.
Player modeste poses a question few dare to ask nowadays…
- Q: Submarines are missing in the game to create naval formations. They could be useful when we capture an area because they could launch torpedoes. Are we getting submarines?
A: Well, there are no plans for subs now. Things could change, theoretically, but we are quite busy with the classes we already have in the game now.
t0ffik1 wonders about the balancing of the game.
- Q: What are the Devs plans to balance Tier X?
A: The same process we do for any other Tier: to monitor server stats and feedback and to make changes when needed.
Danziger_ asks about a planned feature.
- Q: When will clans be introduced to WoWS?
A: We’re working on it. We definitely want to do this, but currently it’s not possible to state the date or version when this particular feature will appear.
ROCKSTEEL79 is interested in platform diversity.
- Q: Are there any plans to create a PS4 version of WoWS?
A: We are interested in all platforms, but there are no plans that we can share for now.
Erik_Aukan has trouble paying his bills in the game…
- Q: Do you plan to improve the economy (repair costs) and game modes, to encourage players to play less passive and be less afraid of high repair bills?
A: Yes. We definitely plan to expand the number of activities, for which players receive rewards after battle, in order to encourage aggressive tactics and reward team play.
mea0w is wondering about Team Battles and where they have gone.
- Q: The population of Team Battles thinned out dramatically at the end of the pilot season. What changes do you plan to make to make them more interesting and rewarding?
A: There are several major problems with Team Battles we discovered after release (thanks to all the players for their feedback). Currently we cannot discuss the future of this mode. Let’s wait for its next version at least on the super test (More information will be shared on the Portal when the developers are ready to share anything).
nibloke wants to pimp their ship up.
- Q: Will we ever see cosmetic adjustments for our ships, like having your own flags, choosing your own colours, putting your own names/numbers on your ships and so on?
A: Probably, because this part of the game is currently being discussed internally. This is not our top priority, but surely it would be a nice feature to have.
Cmdr_Kouta wants to customise his carrier.
- Q: Is it going to be possible in the future to select custom carrier loadouts, similar to selecting ammunition in World of Tanks?
A: For now we’re planning to stick with preset loadouts.
MadMike82 asks about rewarding skilled gameplay.
- Q: Currently there are no rewards for performing useful manoeuvres that support teamplay, like spotting enemies with destroyers, and it is also only barely worth it to provide AA cover to battleships. Are there any rewards and changes planned in this regard, to encourage teamplay?
A: Yes, we’re planning to do this in one of the upcoming updates.
Cayden_Cailean asks about tech-trees.
- Q: Are there any plans to divide the BB tech trees into battlecruisers and battleships and do the same with the cruisers, dividing them into light and armoured ones?
A: There are some plans to work on the existing tech-trees and probably re-organise some branches, but we are not going to add new in-game classes for now.